Water and Sewer Departments
Water Project Update October 2017
Blue Sky Construction has been awarded the contract to complete the upgrades to the Water System beginning the week of October 9, 2017. We will be launching a new public notification tool NIXLE sometime in October, citizens can subscribe to the service and receive real time updates on Road closures, Water outages necessary for the project and other information. The contractor schedule will be posted at City Hall 308 5th Ave. W.
Because we understand that being asked to boil your water can seem scary we want to explain why we issue a boil advisory. We will probably have many boil advisories that affect a few homes at some time during the water system improvement. We want to make sure everyone understands the precautionary steps that we take to make sure your water is safe. Following work that requires shutting down the water mains in your neighborhood or extended low pressure events below 20 PSI we will;
- IDENTIFY – There will be two types of outages; Planned (such as our project) and Emergency. When possible we will notify you in advance of the outage although in cases of emergency work we often have a very small crew and this is not always possible.
- NOTIFY – For planned outages affecting just a few homes we will attempt to notify you in person or leave a door hanger. A white door hanger informs you when and how long the work is expected to take. A red door hanger has instructions for boiling all water intended for consumption for one minute. For larger events we will use mass media such as local television or radio and local posting in prominent areas. Just keep in mind that because your neighbor received a notice and you didn’t does not mean you need to boil. It all depends on where your water meter is located and what water lines are affected. Although when in doubt boil your water for safety.
- CORRECT – During construction and repair careful attention is paid to disinfecting the parts we are working with. Once installed or repaired the water lines are flushed for a period of time and water samples are collected and delivered to the laboratory for testing.
- TEST – At the laboratory water is tested for the presence of coliform bacteria. These tests typically take 24 hours before we have the results depending on the time of day the laboratory receives the sample. If a sample is tested positive the process starts over and it may take up to 48 hours.
- NOTIFY – After we receive notification that the test is negative we will notify you that you no longer need to boil your water by placing a green door hanger at your home.
If you have any questions please call Public Works Director Larry Bybee (208) 595-4902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The following testers have submitted their information to test in the City of Gooding;
Personal Touch Yard Care LLC- 208 539-4208
Cunningham Backflow Testing- 208 308-8531
DS Backflow Testing- 208 961-0367
Triple S Landscaping- 208 280-2321
Kimberly Nurseries- 208 733-2717
Aquatic Backflow Services LLC- 208 613-8600
Water-Sewer Supervisor – Tim Weaver
Gooding Municipal Building 308 5th Ave West Gooding, ID 83330 208 934-5669 Open Monday thru Friday 8:30 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
Emergency – Weekends and After hours
If you have a water or sewer related emergency, please call the Southern Idaho Regional Communications Center at (208) 324-1911. (SIRCOMM) They will contact the appropriate personnel.
Before a new customer can receive service, the City of Gooding requires $10.00 to open and set up an account plus a deposit of $100.00 for a total of $110.00. The deposit is refunded after two years of continuous on-time payments. If service is discontinued prior to refund, the deposit is used to pay the final bill and the balance is refunded. Deposits are held in a separate non-interest bearing account. Water is metered. When you apply for water service, sewer and sanitation is automatically included.
To reduce peak demands on the city’s domestic water supply sprinkling restrictions are in effect from June 1st through August 31st.
Sprinkle before 10:00 a.m. and/or after 7:00 p.m.
Even Numbered Houses Sprinkle on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Odd Numbered Houses Sprinkle on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday