Gooding Boasts an Industrial Park of approximately 80 acres located along the Union Pacific railroad mainline. The business park offers sites appropriate to both light and heavy industry.
In 2011 an Idaho Community Development Grant of $465,000 funded improvements in the Industrial Park; the addition of street lighting; road extension; and water and sewer lines extended and upgraded.
The Location of Union Pacific mainline is a strong transportation component and is augmened by easy access to the interstate highway system. The Gooding Airport is located a short distance outside the city limits. Airports at Hailey, Boise and Twin Falls are easily accessed and convenient for the business traveler. Gooding is home to several trucking lines. The newest is the WEL Company. The Urban Renewal Agency is working on a plan to market remaining acres.
BUSINESS ADVANTAGES IN GOODING
- Interstate 84
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Municipal Airport
- East access to Airport in Twin Falls & Boise
- Industrial Park
- Strong Existing Infrastructure
- Strong School System
- Quality Medical Care
- Work Force Training available through CSI
The Newest Business:
The WEL Company opened its thirteenth (13) location in the Gooding Industrial Park. WEL is nearly a $150M asset-based refrigerated and dry trucking company with nationwide coverage, supporting freight brokerage services and a network of 14 temperature controlled warehouses across the US for crossdocking, consolidation and deconsolidation, value-added services, and full service logistics.
Logistic solutions – offered proactively – is a specialty of the WEL customer service team.
- Family-owned fleet of over 500 tractors and 800 refrigerated trailers
- Temperature-controlled LTL, truckload and dedicated transport
- Wide network of pool distribution services
- Comprehensive freight consolidation
- Direct rail access
- Multi-temperature and humidity-controlled storage facilities
- Consistent audit approvals from the American Institute of Baking
- Cooler and frozen warehouse environments
- Warehouse Management System to manage inventory control through barcode scan ability
- Inventory stock rotation control including cycle counting
- Expiration date and lot tracking
- Contract and public warehousing
- Crossdocking, transloading, and pick ‘n pack
- Labeling and packaging