Boards & Commissions

Serving on a City Commission

Citizen involvement is an essential ingredient for strong local government. The City of Gooding promotes citizen involvement by inviting residents to serve on a variety of commissions, committees, and councils designed to assist the City in its information gathering and deliberative processes, several of which are also delegated with decision-making authority.  It is the duty of each commission’s membership to provide feedback and direction to the Mayor, City Council, and City Departments on a wide array of community issues.

Things to consider before applying:
· Members of these groups serve on a voluntary basis and receive no financial compensation.
· Participation requires a time commitment (approximately 5-10 hours per month).
· Some groups have a limited number of members; in these instances a vacancy must exist in order for a new applicant to be considered.
· After all applications have been received and reviewed; the Mayor makes an appointment which must be confirmed by the Gooding City Council.

Applicants must:
· Fulfill the residency requirements stated in the Call for Applications.
· Not be employed by the City of Gooding.
· Not serve on more than one City board or commission at the same time.

How to Apply for a Vacant Position:
To apply for a vacant position, please submit the following items to the Mayor’s Office by 5:00 p.m. on the date of closing.  (Address:  Gooding City Hall, 308 5th Ave West Gooding, ID 83330)
· Completed and signed application form
· Letter of interest sent to Mayor Duke Morton, 308 5th Ave W Gooding, ID 83330
· Up-to-date resume listing education and relevant work and volunteer experiences

For Additional Information
Application forms and additional information are also available through the City Clerk’s Office, located at 308 5th Ave W Gooding, ID 83330, or by calling (208) 934-5669.