The Gooding City Council meets regularly on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Gooding Municipal Building, 308 5th Ave West, Gooding, Idaho.
The Gooding Mayor, City Council and Staff welcome you to attend their meetings. We appreciate and encourage public participation. However, the formality of procedures varies with the purpose and subject of the agenda item; therefore, the Mayor may exercise discretion in deciding when to allow public comment during the course of the proceedings and limitations may be placed on the time allowed for comments.
Citizens wishing to address the Mayor and Council may call the City Clerk 208 934-5669 and ask to be placed on the agenda. Any person requiring special assistance should call five days prior to the meeting so that arrangements may be made.
WORK SESSION – 6:00 PM
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING – 7:00 PM
308 5th Ave West
June 5, 2017
WORK SESSION – 6:00 pm
- Budget for Fiscal Year – Beginning October 1, 2016 and ending September 30, 2017 – Wages
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA- 7:00 pm
Call to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
Changes to the Agenda In Accordance with Idaho Code 67-2343 Sec 4 (b)
Consent Calendar – The consent calendar includes items which require formal council action, but which are typically routine or not of great controversy. Council members can approve the items listed on the consent calendar as one item or, if finding a correction needs to be made, can pull that item for discussion.
- May 15, 2017 Meeting Minutes
- May 22, 2017 Meeting Minutes
- Accounts Payable
- Building Permits
Visitor Business – Individuals wishing to speak before the City Council shall wait to be recognized by the Mayor, approach the microphone/podium, state their name and address, and proceed with their comments. Comments are limited to 10 minutes.
- Sharon Cheney – Concerns Regarding Park On 3rd Avenue
Public Input – The Mayor acknowledges those in attendance. This section of the agenda is reserved for citizens wishing to address the Council regarding a city-related issue. The council does not take any action or make any decisions during public comment. Any item requiring Council action must be placed on the agenda of an upcoming council meeting. Comments related to public hearings should be held for that public hearing. Comments regarding performance by city employees are inappropriate at this time and should be directed to the Mayor by appointment after tonight’s meeting.
- Gooding Water Project
- Planning & Zoning Vacancy
- Pumpkin Walk for Schubert Theatre
- Terms of Collaborative Agreement By and Between Recharge Development and the City of Gooding
- Surplus Land
- Airport Funding Plan and Scope of Work by GDA Engineering
- Sign Proposal for Tom DeHart – Mobile Home Park
- Oath of Office – Police Chief
- Authorization for PWD Bybee to attend the AIC Annual Conference in Boise June 21-23, 2017
- Outlet Fireworks Application Approval
- DEQ Loan Offer
- Idaho Power Incentives to Convert Public Works Shop Lighting to LED Lighting
- France, Basterrechea, Wagner & Bunn, Chtd.- Authorization to sign yearly audit contract
Council – Police Chief Dave Fisher – Fire Chief Brandon Covey – Public Works Director Larry Bybee – City Clerk Hollye Lierman – Library Director Cindy Bigler – Attorney Craig Hobdey
Executive Session – If Necessary –Idaho Code 74-206(1)